John Biggs (East Coast Editor of TechCrunch) presented 4 Step Method about successful international blogging. At the beginning John presented universal rules for successful blogging that are: write specifically about what you’re good at and gain traction inside your country and be passionate about what are you blogging about.
Here’s the abstract of the 4 step method.
- Blog – Always Be Blogging. Low hanging fruit of traffic is posting. It’s tough and hard but it has to be done.
- Introduce Yourself – As bloggers we are socially awkward. We have to go pass that and introduce ourselves to people. Twitt or e-mail people to get in touch. Contact them in a very, very personal way. Do not always sit in your attic. Go outside.
- Contact – Do not e-mail big ones. Use outside way to contact people to avoid situation in which they will delete your e-mail. Find their twitter, find linkedIn contact and push it. Look for the authors that you like and approach them.
- Blog again – Think like a magazine. Think about something crazy, that someone outside it can be inerested in. Go, and say: „Hey look what’s happended here!”
Be careful about this method.
- don’t say: „I love your writing”
- offer topical posts
- offer something only you have
- don’t approach the big ones
…and most of all: